Thursday, February 23, 2012

Crunchy Green Salad

This is an easy peasy, but no compromise on taste salad. I learnt this addition of cabbage from my MIL. And I must say I really loved the whole texture and taste the first time I had. It's a regular in our household. The other day I made it along with Bisi Bele Bhaath. Here is a quick rundown on the salad.



Prep Time: 5 min | Serves: 4
Ingredients:

Cucumber -1
Cabbage – 1 cup - Finely chopped
Colored bell pepper – ½ - deseeded and chopped
Tomato - 1 big one - deseeded and cubed
Salt to taste
Pepper - Fresh ground
Red wine vinegar (Optional)

Method of Preparation:

~ Wash and peel cucumber. Deseed and chop.
~ Mix all vegetables in a bowl, add salt and pepper and toss.

Note: You can top this on bed of lettuce and make a salad meal. But I was serving as a side dish, so didn’t use the lettuce.  

16 comments:

  1. Quick and healthy salad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice n tasty!i normally add sprouts instead of bell peppers..will give it a try with them.....very colourful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. healthy easy attractive salad

    ReplyDelete
  4. simple n healthy salad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy and easy salad...perfect to the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. healthy easy attractive salad........and very fresh looking too.vl try dis 4 my hub

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy and colorful salad, adding cabbage is new, will try this out..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! lovely recipe - delicious and healthy - perfect for my new vegetarian kick!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice healthy and nutritious salad

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can never go wrong with a salad and this was a tasty, crunchy and an experience long lasting :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice simple and quick recipe !! healthy too !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Dish For Loved Ones

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice and simple...very healthy !

    ReplyDelete
  13. very attractive looking salad..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...